Vera Bradley wanted to reinvigorate the brand, make it more contemporary, reduce discounting & build a stronger direct-to-consumer (DTC) business. Their goals were:
- Refresh the brand
- Automate and transform their monogram business
- Attract a younger audience with “whimseys” and unique options
- Create an engaging DTC online shopping experience
Meeting these goals required a holistic review and update of the business to attract new customers, increase sales and improve margins.
VU Custom approached through a measured plan and rollout: a “WALK, RUN, FLY, SOAR STRATEGY”, enabling Vera Bradley to offer the right solutions to its target customers in a scalable way. This incremental approach enabled the company to quickly reach its target market with a new offering and then graduate in complexity to more value-added solutions for their customers.
- Significant increase in custom sales by automating and enhancing their monogram business
- Significant increase in gross margin contribution from increased efficiency
- A significant reduction in discounting
- Improved conversion rates
- Increased customer engagement online
- Greater Brand Loyalty
Helped invigorate the brand & broadened their appeal to younger customers.
*formerly JTB Custom
August 20, 2021